Below are the questions asked in different PO interviews about banking. These questions must be prepared before the IBPS common interview scheduled from 14- Jan- 2013.
- What is a Bank?
- What is banking?
- What is Banking Regulation Act?
- How does a bank differ from a NBFC (Non Banking Financial Companies)?
- What are the functions of a commercial bank?
- What are the different types of bank?
- What do you understand by Public Sector Banks?
- What do you understand by Private Sector Banks?
- What do you understand by Foreign Banks?
- What do you understand by RRB?
- How does a public and private sector bank differ?
- What is a cooperative bank?
- Name some public, private, foreign and rural banks?
- What is a nationalised bank?
- How does a nationalised bank differ from a public sector bank?
- How many public sector/nationalized banks are there in India?
Each of the above question (except 14, 15 & 16) has been answered in our blog on banking & its structure in India.
Question nos. 14, 15 & 16 have been answered below.
What is a nationalised bank or how does a nationalised bank differ from a public sector bank?
A nationalised bank is same as a public sector bank. Government own majority of stake in a nationalised bank. Hope this clears the big confusion about nationalised and public sector banks.
How many public sector/nationalized banks are there in India?
There are 27 public sector banks. Below is the list.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Repco Bank
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur
- State Bank of Hyderabad
- State Bank of India
- State Bank of Mysore
- State Bank of Patiala
- State Bank of Travancore
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank